For Current FinnU Students
Finlandia University students have the opportunity to study in Finland at one of the university’s partner institutions by participating in a student exchange. The International Exchange Program enables FinnU students to study at a variety of Finnish institutions, while earning Finlandia credit and being immersed in the Finnish culture.
Students who are approved to enroll in the Finlandia exchange pay Finlandia tuition, which allows you to maintain your financial aid package, including grants and scholarships (unique partner fees may be required).
Review the list of Partner Universities and schedule a meeting with Director of Global Initiatives Cat Fuller. You can contact her at email@example.com to schedule an appointment or learn more about these opportunities.
What to expect on an exchange program
Current Finlandia students interested in applying to the International Exchange Program should consider the following:
Language of Instruction
All of our partner universities offer courses in English. However, to participate in Exchange, you will be required to take a Finnish Language and Culture course while abroad.
Level of Independence
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
All of our Finnish Exchange Partners follow the ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System). At most European schools a typical full time course load is 30 ECTS per semester or 60 ECTS per year. It is important to work closely with your Finlandia academic department and the Global Initiatives office prior to your departure and when registering for courses while abroad to determine if your courses count for your major/minor and how your school’s credit system will translate to Finlandia credits.
All students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing (GPA of 2.5 or better) at the time of the application. Please note, some of our partner institutions have specific GPA requirements.
Below are the eight partner schools Finlandia has in Finland, including links to learn more about them.
- Hagga-Helia (all campuses – Vierumäki, Helsinki and Porvoo, Finland)
- Business College Helsinki (Helsinki, Finland)
- JAMK University of Applied Sciences (Jyväskylä, Finland)
- VAMK University of Applied Sciences (Vaasa, Finland)
- KAMK University of Applied Sciences (Ketunpolku, Finland)
- Perho Culinary, Tourism and Business College (Helsinki, Finland)
- University of Lapland (Rovaniemi, Finland)
- Lapin AMK (Rovaniemi, Finland)
- Sheffield Hallam University (Sheffield, United Kingdom)
International Exchange Program Application
To be considered for an exchange program, please submit the following application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, you will choose your top three programs that you would like to attend. If you are approved for the exchange, the application committee will forward your information to the partner program best suited for your academic needs. Once approved by them, you will be required to complete their international student application materials. Information will be forwarded to you by email.
- To be considered for Fall (August) Semester enrollment, all required application materials must be received by February 1.
- To be considered for Spring (January) semester enrollment, all required application materials must be received by Finlandia University Admissions by October 1.