Not sure what direction you want to go in life? Consider taking a gap year. We’d be happy to welcome you to Finlandia University for your gap year!
Benefits of a Gap Year at Finlandia
- Study for one or two concurrent semesters
- Study in English
- Select courses not available at your home university – including wellness courses in yoga, hiking, snowshoeing, martial arts and spinning!
- Reasonable tuition
- On-campus housing with FinnU students
- Located in the Upper Great Lakes – caring, comfortable, safe, and supportive small town environment – and close to Lake Superior and many outdoor recreation experiences!
- Undergraduate students—Cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- TOEFL score of 79 iBT (550 PBT) or higher.
- Exceptions can only be made with prior approval from Finlandia University
Gap Year at FinnU students are required to live on campus. Students should complete a campus housing form along with their application to Finlandia University.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Rooms in Finlandia Hall are spacious, and furniture is moveable. Students are encouraged to let their personalities show while decorating. The double occupancy suite-style rooms have wireless Internet access.
Learn more about Finlandia Hall.
Optional End-of-Year Trip
After your year has ended at Finlandia, you can explore the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Join other students – international and domestic – on this fun-filled excursion through the U.P.! Visit some of nature’s most beautiful landscapes – including waterfalls, gorgeous lakeshores and Mackinac Island! The estimated cost per person, based on double occupancy, is $750.
Tuition and Fees
We have done everything we can to make the Gap Year @ FinnU as affordable as possible. Below you’ll find a breakdown of what you can expect to pay. Not surprisingly, it’s a price point most students can find comfort in as Finlandia University has been named a Best Value College two years running!
Gap Year Tuition and Fees
|Total Estimated Cost||$15,100|
|Tuition and Program Fees||$5,000|
|Room and Board (required)||$8,800|
Application and Admission Process
Students interested in the Gap Year at FinnU go through the same FREE application and admission process that all other students complete.
Mandatory Health Insurance
Beginning Fall 2019, all international students and scholars at Finlandia University must be covered through partner insurance provider
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application..
Insurance must be purchased for the entire time a student plans to be at FinnU. Coverage must in effect on the first day of classes.